Are you interested in growing a brand new AWS service? Come join us and be part of Amazon FinSpace, a new service that enables customers to focus on their critical business problems by removing the undifferentiated heavy lifting required to store, prepare, manage, and audit access to data. Read more at https://aws.amazon.com/finspace/.
Financial services organizations analyze data from internal data stores like portfolio, actuarial, and risk management systems as well as petabytes of data from third-party data feeds, such as historical securities prices from stock exchanges. It can take months to find the right data, get permissions to access the data in a compliant way, and prepare it for analysis. FinSpace removes the heavy lifting of building and maintaining a data management system for financial analytics.
As an member of the team, you will get the opportunity to directly solve broadly defined customer problems by designing and implementing features across multiple layers of the stack - including distributed workflows, high-throughput data planes, linux networking, and system security. You will also get to learn and develop the operational rigor required for a fast growing AWS service, while being supported by a group with deep technical chops, including multiple senior and principal engineers.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• BS degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
• 3+ years of professional experience designing and developing large-scale, distributed software applications, tools, systems and services using languages such as Java, C#, or C++, and Object-Oriented Design.
• Experience developing software services and knowledge of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
• Ability to synthesize requirements from underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and facilitate engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous deployments, testing and operations
• 1+ years of building and operating on AWS
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .