Are you interested in building new services for Amazon FinSpace that can make a multi-million-dollar impact to our customers' bottom line and disrupts the status quo? FinSpace is a new service that helps customers track and analyze their data to solve some of their most critical business problems.
Financial services organizations analyze data from internal data stores like portfolio, actuarial, and risk management systems as well as petabytes of data from third-party data feeds, such as historical securities prices from stock exchanges. It can take months to find the right data, get permissions to access the data in a compliant way, and prepare it for analysis.
FinSpace removes the heavy lifting of building and maintaining a data management system for financial analytics.
We are looking for a Software Development Engineer (SDE) with experience building secure, scalable solutions that delight customers. As a foundational member of the team, you will be responsible for driving the team's long-term vision and architecture, drive/shape roadmaps, and provide technical leadership to the engineering team.
The ideal candidate will have extensive design and architecture experience, knowledge of AWS technologies and services, and a proven track record of building mission critical, highly scalable systems. In addition to strong technical knowledge, you will be someone who thrives in a fast paced start up-like environment, and passionate about solving ambiguous, challenging problems that have not been solved before.
As a SDE on the team, you will:
- Review projects' ability to deliver robust and scalable solutions toward this vision, learning and incorporating new technologies as appropriate.
- Build relationships with Development Managers, Engineers and Technical Project Managers across various AWS service teams.
- Participate in the architecture, development, testing, deployment, and delivery of large-scale global software applications, systems, platforms, services or technologies.
- Participate in Agile project management methodologies to provide technical leadership and project management for all aspects of the software development lifecycle (SDLC).
- Build, manage, and develop world-class engineers including hiring recommendations and guide and mentor engineers and project managers within and outside of the team.
- Ensure high quality design reviews which meet business and architectural goals and drive critical feedback on architecture and design issues.
- Participate in strategic planning to achieve technical and business goals with team, leadership chain, and with customers
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
- BS degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant experience.
- 3+ years of professional experience designing and developing large-scale, distributed software applications, tools, systems and services using such as Java, C#, or C++, and Object-Oriented Design.
- Experience developing software services and knowledge of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
- Ability to synthesize requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and facilitate engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous deployments, testing and operations
- Demonstrated ability to mentor junior software engineers in all aspects of their engineering skill-set
- 1+ years of building and operating scalable and secure systems on AWS
- Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases
- Experience in developing and delivering analytics products using open source big data technologies