Software Development Engineer, Amazon Fashion Tech
- Seattle, WA
Amazon Fashion Tech is a growing multi-disciplinary team addressing everyday customer needs through a combination of software engineering, web/app development and applied research. We are looking for software engineers to lead system design, drive a high technical standard on their respective teams, mentor junior staff, and craft/ship great code. If this is intriguing, read on.
For apparel and shoes ("softlines"), the convenience, selection, and price benefits of shopping online have yet to be fully realized. Today the online shopper's largest friction is evaluating fit and size, and other details.
Our team's ultimate goal is for customers to easily discover items they will like and to get the right size on the first try: across the globe, on laptops and mobile, etc. Our technical challenges involve applied science, back-end software engineering, and user interface development. We need to build beautiful, intuitive, responsive user interfaces that our customers will use to discover items, evaluate fit and refine our understanding of their tastes.
As a member of the team, you can have a huge impact on everything from the functionality we deliver for our customers, to the architecture of our systems, to the algorithms we employ, to the culture we build.
If you are interested and relate to Amazon's Leadership Principles (https://www.amazon.jobs/principles), please apply: we would love to explore opportunities for you on our team.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, related field or equivalent experience
• 3+ years professional experience in large-scale front-end software development
• Proficiency in at least one modern object-oriented programming language such as Java, C++, or C#
• Experience with object oriented design and service oriented architecture
• Strong CS fundamentals with data-structures and algorithms
• Strong sense of ownership, bias for action, urgency, and drive
• Experience in an agile software development methodology
• Passion for building new products in a fast paced, team-oriented environment
• Experience taking a lead role developing complex software systems that have successfully been delivered to customers
• Experience in communicating with users, and other technical teams to collect requirements, describe software product features and technical designs.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering & best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous deployments, testing and operational excellence
• Demonstrated ability to mentor junior software engineers; and make them more effective product software engineers
• Experience using cloud based products such as Amazon Web Services (AWS)
• Working experience with Unix/Linux
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Back to top