Software Development Engineer, Amazon Fashion
- Seattle, WA
Are you obsessed with building world class shopping experiences that delight customers? Are you interested in creating a new shopping experience that will impact the online fashion industry? Are you seeking opportunities to learn and apply cutting-edge technology to tackle hard business problems? If so, come join us as a Software Development Engineer to build an innovative consumer experience from the ground up.
We are looking for a passionate and innovative Software Development Engineer who loves solving hard problems to be a part of a brand new, team building up a new, delightful customer experience.
Our technical challenges involve a combination of back-end software engineering and front-end development. As a software engineer on the team:
• You will build a customer facing product across the whole software development life cycle from ground-up in an entrepreneurial, start-up like environment
• You will design and build distributed systems, building front end applications and backend services that can scale to millions of requests and deploy globally delivering an exceptional customer experience.
• You will build software that scales effortlessly, has low latency, is robust and extensible.
• You will work with cross-functional teams including UX designers, product managers, and other software engineers across multiple teams.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
• 4+ years professional experience in software development
• Strong Computer Science and development fundamentals, including object-oriented design, data structures and algorithms
• Demonstrated proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as Java, Python, C++, C.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations.
• Ability to adapt quickly to a fast-paced development environment.
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline.
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers from ground up
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience with front-end development.
• Experience designing or evolving system architecture.
• Experience mentoring other engineers.
• Experience getting things done through collaboration with engineers on multiple teams.
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Back to top