Software Development Engineer | Amazon Exports and Expansion
- Birigui, Brazil
Ever wondered how Amazon is using its Global presence to offer best of Amazon experience to its international customers? Amazon Global store allows customers to buy imported products in their local current and experience. This is Amazon first cross marketplace initiative that allows selection from one marketplace to list on another marketplace. Given our rapid growth and this huge opportunity we are applying cutting edge technology to solve complex business problems. Do you like working on projects that are highly visible and are tied closely to Amazon's profitability and growth? Are you seeking an environment where you can drive innovation leveraging the scalability and innovation with Amazon's AWS cloud services? Do you want to pave the future for Amazon Retail, enhancing how we do business globally? If so, Amazon Global Store is seeking a Software Development Engineer who wants to stretch both their technical abilities and their business know-how to implement creative global solutions and act as a leader of leaders.
Our mission is to provide a one-stop shopping experience to international customers that includes:
• Build solutions that reach millions of new customers all over the world, providing them with a world class shopping experience in their local language, payments, and currencies
• Drive customer experience technology for supporting customers all over the world
• Work closely with the business to define the expansion strategy and figure out innovative solutions to help this thriving business continue to its exponential growth
We enable customers from over 77 countries to purchase products on Amazon with guaranteed shipping and import duty fees. We seek to improve this experience by making selection available across all Amazon marketplaces, so that customers can search and browse in their preferred language and currency.
• Proficient in software development experience.
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Knowledge of, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, C#, Java, or Perl
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Bachelors or Master's degree in computer science, Math or Physics or related field.
• Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
• Experience in influencing software engineers best practices within your team
• Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
• Deep hands-on technical expertise, excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Back to top