Do you want to work on a service that can:
• Access petabytes of data in single-digit milliseconds?
• Replicate tables across continents?
• Stream gigabytes of data updates continuously?
• Back up hundreds of terabytes of customer data in seconds?
• Encrypt petabytes of data with no performance degradation?
Amazon DynamoDB is a fully managed, serverless, NoSQL database that does all this and more. It provides fast and predictable performance with seamless scalability. DynamoDB receives tens of millions of read and write requests per second to databases that are hundreds of terabytes in size. DynamoDB is one of the largest distributed database systems in the world, and we continue to believe it is Day 1 for the DynamoDB business. We are always improving and adding new capabilities to DynamoDB, and we are looking for a deeply technical, team-first software development engineer to push DynamoDB even further.
DynamoDB engineers are continually challenged to think of unique and innovative solutions. As an engineer here, you will work on the hardest engineering problems in distributed systems at massive scale on multiple dimensions. You will exercise your intellectual capability to the maximum and work with motivated teams of sharp individuals. You also will get insightful and opinionated guidance from senior and principal engineers.
As a member of the DynamoDB data management group, you will innovate on the platform that is responsible for driving the data protection and analytics for the NoSQL business. We are building fully managed serverless solutions to help customers seamlessly move data between DynamoDB and their data lakes.
This is a hands-on position in which you will own everything from end to end: design, design reviews, implementation, code reviews, iterative feature launches, operations, mentoring, and driving continuous improvement.
Inclusive team culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have 10 employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in more than 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work/life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to lifelong happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship and career growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough-but-kind code reviews. We care about your career growth, and strive to assign projects based on what will help you and your team members develop into better-rounded engineers and enable you to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• A Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
• Four or more years of professional software development experience
• Experience designing, building, and operating large-scale distributed systems or web services
• Experience with relational and nonrelational database systems
• Experience delivering projects as part of an agile software development team
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .