Software Development Engineer - Amazon Devices
Join the team that brought you the Echo Show, a touch-screen enabled Alexa device that supports video calling, music, weather, and more! Our Echo Software team works on not only the Echo Show but other high-profile consumer electronics products including Fire TV, Kindle, and the Echo family of devices. We're just getting started, and we'd love to have you join us to bring innovative experiences to millions of customers.
You don't need any experience in those specific technologies, just an enthusiasm to build cutting edge software particularly around user interfaces, cross-device APIs, or cloud-based services. If this sounds appealing to you, please contact us and we'd love to chat!
If you join us, your opportunities will include:
- Invent a novel delightful Android-based experience for our customers.
- Collaborate with UX and Product owners to define customer experience and product direction.
- Deliver high quality software through working in a dynamic, team-focused Agile/Scrum environment.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 3+ years of industry experience.
- 3 years of programming experience in Java or C++; in Linux, Windows, and/or Mac environment.
- CS fundamentals including algorithms, runtime analysis, OO design, code quality.
- Passion for inventing new product designs and technical solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to drive and articulate technical challenges and solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to create advanced architectures and sustainable solutions.
- Experience collaborating with UX, Product, and non-technical partners.
- Familiarity with working in an Agile environment.
- Programming experience on mobile platforms, preferably Android.
- Graduate degree.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top