Software Development Engineer - Amazon Devices
- Santa Clara, CA
The Amazon Device Services organization is hiring a Software Development Engineer to help us build cross-platform software to enable the seamless launch, provisioning and management of devices. The team is responsible for building solutions that enable Device Operations and Supply Chain end-to-end: from product design and component sourcing, through production and shipment, to returns, screening and repair. We innovate to deliver timely and scalable technological solutions and automate operational tasks to allow the business to focus on high value-add activities and grow.
We are looking for a talented Software Development Engineer to help build from ground up our Supply Chain and Operations platform of the future. We are starting an exciting journey of building full stack platform for our internal customers, including Forward and Reverse Logistics, Operations, Finance, and internal technical teams. We are looking for someone who is passionate about delivering the best possible customer experience and allowing us to meet our customer obsession of making our current and upcoming line of devices available in-stock to delight our customers.
In this role you will be a leader in the engineering group of full stack engineers and contribute to design, architecture and implementation for one or more of supply chain applications. We are looking to re-invent the supply chain with end to end network optimization and use data to build intelligent, self-learning platform to build the world class platform. Great opportunity to bootstrap a team in early stages and make a huge impact in developing next generation of solutions in rapidly growing devices group.
• Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or related technical field
• 3+ years of experience in at least one modern object-oriented programming language such as Java, C++ or C#
• 2+ years of experience and understanding of CS fundamentals including data structures, algorithms and complexity analysis
• 2+ years of experience building large scale, high-performance systems in a complex, multi-tiered, distributed environment
• 2+ years of design and architecture knowledge as well as familiarity with object oriented analysis and design patterns (OOA/OOD)
• Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results
• Experience with service-oriented architecture and web application/services development
• Experience working in a UNIX/Linux environment
• Understanding of performance tradeoffs, load balancing and operational issues
• Ability to clearly and concisely communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders across all levels of the organization
• Experience working in Java, REST, Ruby, Spring, Python/Perl, SQL, AngularJS or similar web frameworks
Amazon is committed to providing accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.
Back to top