Software Development Engineer | Amazon Delivery Experience | Machine Learning
- Seattle, WA
For millions of customers worldwide, the Amazon name is synonymous with delivery - and the Delivery Experience (DEX) team provides those customers with innovative ways to get what they want and need, enabling the choices they make on every order, every day. We combine customer impact with retail invention, solving huge technical challenges along the way.
The DEX AI Engineering team is responsible for developing and maintaining highly available, highly scalable, low-latency, Machine Learning based applications as well as building the ML platform with plenty of tools to solve the common pain points and speed up the development of ML solutions in DEX.
This is SUPER high-visibility work: MILLIONS of customers will be impacted by your contributions: The changes we make directly impact the customer experience on every Amazon site. This is a great position for someone who likes backend development and Service Oriented Architecture, but wants to see and measure their direct impact on customers, and learns in the Machine Learning domain.
As a Software Development Engineer for Delivery Experience, you will be responsible to develop Machine Learning based solution that improve the discoverability of delivery options for all customers, and utilize our current delivery experience architecture. To succeed, the skill to build highly scalable, fault-tolerant systems that can withstand millions of operations per day will not be enough. You will be responsible for projects that require enhancements to multiple systems, including many outside your team's ownership. You'll need a proven ability to architect elegant solutions to new challenges spanning multiple systems, and to effectively share your technical vision with others. You will be working with multiple teams across the company in many different areas, so collaboration skills are a must. So, if you're creative, talented, have a strong sense of both technical and business ownership, and enjoy solving complex challenges that have a huge impact on all of Amazon's customers, we've definitely got the role for you!
Individuals interested in this position should have practical experience in building high-performance, reliable systems in a complex, multi-tiered, and distributed environment. The ideal candidate will have experience working with Java, C++, Perl, or distributed computing technologies on Linux platform.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or 8+ years of equivalent professional or military experience
• 3+ years professional experience in software development
• Bachelor's Degree and above in Computer Science or related field
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures and algorithms
• Computer Science fundamentals in problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, C#, Java, or Perl
• Experience with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
• Experience collaborating with other teams to build scalable and fault tolerant solutions
• Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
• Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills and make them more effective, productive software engineers
• Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team
• Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, ranging from front-end user interfaces through back-end systems and all points in between
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top