As a Software Development for Delivery Experience, you will be responsible for services and features that improve the discoverability of delivery options for all customers, and utilize our current delivery experience architecture. To succeed, the skill to build highly fault-tolerant systems that can withstand millions of operations per day will not be enough. You will be responsible for projects that require enhancements to multiple codebases, including many outside your team's ownership. You'll need a proven ability to architect elegant solutions to new challenges and to effectively share your technical vision with others. You will be working with multiple teams across the company in many different areas, so collaboration skills are a must. So, if you're creative, talented, have a strong sense of both technical and business ownership, and enjoy solving complex challenges that have a huge impact on all of Amazon's customers, we've definitely got the role for you!
Individuals interested in this position should have practical experience in building high-throughput and reliable features in a complex and multi-tiered environment. The ideal candidate will have experience working across the full stack and will be excited to learn new languages and frameworks.
Why choose this job?
• SUPER high-visibility work: Our mission is to provide consistent, accurate, and relevant delivery information to every single page on every Amazon-owned site.
• MILLIONS of customers will be impacted by your contributions: The changes we make directly impact the customer experience on every Amazon site. This is a great position for someone who likes backend development and Service-Oriented Architecture, but wants to see and measure their direct impact on customers.
• We are a cross-functional team that owns the ENTIRE delivery experience for customers: From the business requirements to the technical that allow us to directly affect the on-site experience from a central service, business and technical team members are integrated so everyone is involved through the entire development process.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Experience with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
• Experience collaborating with other teams to build scalable and fault tolerant solutions
• Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
• Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills and make them more effective, productive software engineers
• Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team
• Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, ranging from front-end user interfaces through back-end systems and all points in between
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .