Software Development Engineer | Amazon Day
- Seattle, WA
For millions of customers worldwide, the Amazon name is synonymous with delivery - and the Delivery Experience (DEX) team provides those customers with innovative ways to get what they want and need, enabling the choices they make on every order, every day. We combine customer impact with retail invention, solving huge technical challenges along the way.
Amazon Day is a new delivery program for Prime customers that enables them to select a single day of the week, and then have all of their packages delivered on that day in as few boxes as possible. Customers can keep adding orders throughout the week to be delivered on their Amazon Day, giving customers the predictability they love. We recently began rolling out this innovative new program and we're just getting started!
For more information on Amazon Day:
As an experienced Software Development Engineer for Delivery Experience, you will be responsible for building new services and platform features that power the checkout delivery experience keeping pace with Amazon's rapidly expanding delivery capabilities. To succeed, the skill to build highly scalable, fault-tolerant systems that can withstand millions of operations per day will not be enough. You will be responsible for projects that require enhancements to multiple systems, including many outside your team's ownership. You'll need a proven ability to architect elegant solutions to new challenges spanning multiple systems, and to effectively communicate your technical vision with others. You will be working with multiple teams across the company in many different areas, so effective collaboration skills are a must. So, if you're creative, talented, with a strong sense of ownership, and enjoy solving complex challenges in a fast-paced environment that have a huge impact on all of Amazon's customers, we have definitely got the role for you!
Individuals interested in this position should have practical experience in building high-performance, reliable systems in a complex, multi-tiered, and distributed environment. The ideal candidate will have experience working with Java, C#, C++, or distributed computing technologies on a Linux platform.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or 8+ years of equivalent professional or military experience
• 3+ years professional experience in software development
• Completed Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, C#, Java, or Perl
• Experience with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
• Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
• Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills and make them more effective, productive software engineers
• Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top