Our vision at Amazon Comprehend (https://aws.amazon.com/comprehend) is to simplify Natural Language Processing (NLP), especially, text analysis. We do that by offering capabilities that helps customers find insights and relationships in text using highly available and scalable machine learning. We have just started and there is just so much to do. Are you interested in shaping the future of this field? Come and be part of the Amazon AWS Artificial Intelligence organization!
To learn more what we have recently delivered and how customers are using Amazon Comprehend, please refer to various blogs here: https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/machine-learning/category/artificial-intelligence/amazon-comprehend/
In this role you will join Amazon Comprehend which is trend setting in NLP and ML field. This is an area that requires solving the hardest engineering challenges in the intersection of machine learning and distributed systems at massive scale. As a tier zero AWS service our solutions have to be super solid, scalable, efficient, and extremely fault tolerant.
In the larger scope of the role, you will be responsible for rethinking the assumptions behind how traditional services were built and thinking how to build services best suited for intelligent applications in the cloud. You will own the design, development, testing and deployment of these services. You will be building a platform that incorporates best practices and runs advanced algorithms at production scale and reliability.
You will work in a fast-paced environment and do everything from determining priorities and designing features, to re-architecture as necessary, to automated testing, to mentoring others. The best candidates show true end-to-end ownership.
This position requires that the candidate selected be a US Citizen and obtain and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Experience taking projects from scoping requirements through V1 launch and V2 iterations.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience with highly distributed, multi-tenet systems with clear state-full/state-less boundaries.
• Experience with experimentation and statistics.
• Experience with machine learning, deep learning, data mining.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.