Software Development Engineer - Amazon Comprehend (AI/ML)
- Seattle, WA
Interested in making Machine Learning accessible to developers at scale? Amazon Comprehend is a natural language processing (NLP) service that uses machine learning to find insights and relationships in text. At Amazon Comprehend we build machine learning features to help you uncover the insights and relationships in your unstructured data. The service identifies the language of the text; extracts key phrases, places, people, brands, or events; understands how positive or negative the text is; detects and redacts personally identifiable information (PII); and automatically organizes a collection of text files by topic. Comprehend offers AutoML capabilities to build a custom set of entities or text classification models that are tailored uniquely for your use cases.
As a software development engineer, you will play a key role in innovating in the space of NLP, building compelling features for the Amazon Comprehend Service. You will be required to collaborate across a team of engineers, scientists and data engineers to design, develop, test, and deploy distributed systems and ML based features. A successful candidate will have an established background in developing distributed systems, a strong technical ability, experience in machine learning, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelors, Masters or Ph.D degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• 2+ years professional experience in software development of multi-threaded, scalable and highly-available distributed systems demonstrating object-oriented design, data structures, and high-performance computing.
• 2+ years in, at least, one modern programming language such as Java, Python, C/C++, C#.
• 3+ years professional experience in software development of multi-threaded, scalable and highly-available distributed systems
• 3+ years in, at least, one modern programming language such as Java, Python, C/C++, C#.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience with highly distributed, multi-tenet systems with clear state-full/state-less boundaries.
• Experience with machine learning, deep learning, data mining, and/or statistical analysis tools such as Python, Numpy and MATLAB/Octave.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
We are dedicated to supporting our new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top