Software Development Engineer - Amazon Chime (Audio)
- Seattle, WA
Are you looking for an intimate, fast-paced, early stage AWS team to apply your software engineering skills to? Come join us building Amazon Chime! (https://chime.aws/) Amazon Chime is Amazon's solution to Unified Communications. Launched in 2017, we are built on top of AWS technologies. We are specifically looking for leaders who are interested in improving our customer experience by relentlessly finding solutions to a wide range of technical challenges in real-time communications. We are happy to welcome qualified candidates to occupy this role in San Francisco (CA), Palo Alto (CA), or Seattle, WA!
This specific position helps us develop and improve our media libraries to be used across MacOS/Windows/iOS/Android application development. We are looking for someone who has a strong understanding of media challenges in VOIP applications. You will implement audio/video processing components to improve the customer experience. Additionally, you are comfortable debugging low level Audio system issues, working on different platforms and devices, and optimizing audio quality for different network and device conditions. You will work closely with the client and UX team to deliver incremental improvements from the media team. This will at times require prototyping media-related UI and improving the application build systems.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Experience with real-time communications technologies (VoIP or media streaming), WebRTC, audio stacks on different platforms (WASAPI, OpenSLES, CoreAudio, Oboe, etc.), RTP, RTCP, SIP, etc.
• Experience with signal processing, image processing, computer vision or computer graphics
• Experience with AECs, Noise Suppression, AGC, etc.
• Experience working with audio systems on different platforms: Windows, MacOS, iOS, Android, Linux
• Experience with web-browser development: Typescript, Node.js, Java, Chromium, React Native
• Experience with building and debugging complex, multi-threaded system software
• Ability to clearly articulate complex system architecture, and design considerations
• Experience with build systems, testing, software release process, and source control
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top