Amazon Business launched in 2015 and reached its first $1B in its first year, and $15B in 2020.
We are focused on building solutions that enable our business customers enjoy business relevant selection (products and services), with the convenience we offer to our customers today across multiple devices, marketplaces and regions. Similar to Amazon.com we aspire to be the preferred choice for all types of business (Sole proprietors, small businesses, schools, universities, hospitals, government, enterprises (and everything else). The needs of these business customers are different from those of the traditional Amazon customer, so we are reinventing everything from how we offer our selection, pricing, customer experience and offer unparalleled customer support. We have the opportunity to disrupt how businesses buy in this modern age.
You will be part of a team that is responsible for all aspects of the customer experience - from the visual interface to the back end services. You will help redefine normal for this segment of the market. You will help translate business requirements to technical deliverables and deliver operationally stable solutions that provide good customer experience, focusing on taxation, which is one of the most important areas for many businesses.
We are seeking candidates who thrive in a high-energy, fun work environment and willing to learn new areas to deliver value to our customers. We use core AWS services such as EC2, DynamoDB, SQS, S3, Step Functions etc. in our solutions.
You'll join a dynamic team, with strong ownership of what we develop and passion to provide great customer experience. The team will hold you for the highest standards as we all feel strongly about the product we develop. Each member is expected to contribute with the necessary unit tests, functional tests and operational tasks.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
• Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
• Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
• Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
• Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
• You must be obsessed with addressing customer needs
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us