Do you want to solve business challenges through innovative technology? Do you enjoy working on cutting-edge, massively scalable services technology that raises the industry-wide bar? If this is you, come build the future with us at the BigMesh Router team.
BigMesh Router team is developing an adaptive request routing solution for Amazon's service oriented architecture which abstracts the technical concerns of the load balancing and traffic management from the consumers to the platform. Unlike other typical routing solutions, our solution does not proxy requests, instead acts like a router to control the placement of requests onto servers to optimize the business goals of the service. Our solution uses the information provided by the service, such as request metadata and telemetry, to route the request, segregate and prioritize workloads, and manage retries. Today, our solution improves availability, efficiency, adherence, and developer productivity by routing millions of transactions per second with sub-millisecond latency. We are building the foundation that will carry all Amazon micro-services into the future of service meshes and simplify the service ownership for all teams in the organization.
As a developer on this team you will gain deep expertise on networking concepts, horizontally scalable architecture, and SOA concepts. You will work with multiple Senior Developers and multiple Principal Engineers to solve cutting-edge problems that have never been solved before. Your work will enable Amazon to eliminate aging hardware-based solutions for critical network components across all our data centers. You will be a crucial part of the team and help build a platform that provides consistent, efficient and secure environment for all service teams and create Amazon wide impact!
As a software engineer on our team, you key responsibilities will be:
• Design and build a large scale, horizontally distributed service mesh platform for centralized traffic management, load balancing, routing, throttling and more.
• Integrate with in-house, language-independent sidecar to seamlessly integrate with any service at Amazon.
• Engage with the customers to understand their business needs and to help them with their technical needs.
• Actively contribute in designing and brainstorming sessions.
• Collaborate with experienced cross-disciplinary Amazonians to develop, design, and bring innovative solutions to the market.
• Create solutions to run predictions on distributed systems with exposure to cutting edge technologies at incredible scale and speed.
• Build distributed storage, index, and query systems that are scalable, fault-tolerant, low cost, and easy to manage/use.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Proficiency in computer science fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, problem solving).
• Experience building horizontally distributed, large scale systems.
• Experience with collection and analysis of sensor telemetry to gain performance and business insights.
• Strong understanding of networking concepts.
• Experience designing and operating a highly resilient system in a virtualized compute environment such as Amazon Web Services.
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us