Software Development Engineer, Amazon Alexa (Cloud Services)
Do you love Alexa and want to build the next generation of conversational experiences to help customers manage their tasks and be more productive?
Our team is responsible for building the always present, contextually aware assistant that helps customers manage their tasks. Our mission is to go beyond being a memory aid to become a trusted partner for getting stuff done. We also own the Alexa List API that Skill developers use to integrate their productivity apps with Alexa. We have an exciting roadmap of new experiences to build!
We are looking for a talented engineer to join our team and help take this experience to the next level. You will work with a team of engineers (hardware, and software) and across functional teams (PM, Product, Marketing) to design and develop new ways of providing exciting and compelling experiences. Here success is measured by the quality of execution, the pace of innovation you help drive, and the increased customer satisfaction you deliver. If you want huge challenges to tackle we would love to talk to you.
In this role, you will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design and architecture of cutting edge products used every day, by people that you know. In addition, you will:
- Use your wide experience in building innovative, mission critical, and high volume applications.
- Help define and influence best possible end-user experience
- Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules
- Use your learnings to establish design principles, select design patterns and mentor junior team members
- Bachelor's Degree or higher level of education in Computer Science or related field
- 8+ years experience building successful production software systems
- Possess object-oriented design/development experience
- Have experience driving projects from concept to prototype and finally implementation
- Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability
- Development experience defining, developing and maintaining web service API's
- Master's degree or higher in Computer Science or related field
- Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers to maintain architectural vision and software quality.
- Excellence in technical communications with both technical and non-technical peers
- Mastery of the tools of the trade, including a variety of modern programming languages (Java, C++) and open-source technologies (Linux, SQLite, OpenGL, Spring, Hibernate)
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top