Software Development Engineer, Amazon Alexa
Alexa Communications team is looking for software engineers who are interested in building Communications capabilities with us. We solve complex technical and business problems with ingenuity and simplicity. You can make history with us, and the good news is that we've only just begun!
For our new team we are looking for passionate, curious, and talented Software Engineers who have experience building innovative, mission critical, high volume applications that will revolutionize the industry. You will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of cutting edge products used every day, by people you know. Running with the spirit and energy of a start-up, our team is focused on leveraging emerging technologies (Alexa voice recognition) to create new product offerings in the space of Communications.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about an opportunity to build elegant systems in the most efficient ways, pushing the limits of current technology and challenging the status quo.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop and launch core product features
- Influence our overall strategy by helping define product features, drive the system architecture, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product
- Create world class software and Alexa experiences
- Interact with cross-functional engineering teams across the company
- Dive into and take ownership of mission critical software puzzles
- Participate in and drive design reviews
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years of industry experience, building scalable infrastructure software or distributed systems for commercial online services
- Experience developing object-oriented software, with deep experience in one or more relevant languages (Java, C++, or C#)
- Android systems development experience
- Communications protocols experience
- Linux kernel programming experience
- Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
- Experience with EC2, SNS, SQS, DynamoDB and S3
- Experience with Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top