Software Development Engineer - Amazon Alexa
- Seattle, WA
Interested in Amazon Echo? Come work on the engine behind it - Alexa. We're building the Alexa Skills Platform behind Amazon Echo and other Amazon products and services. We're working hard, having fun, making history; come join us!
We are looking for passionate, hard-working, and talented full stack developer to innovate in building innovative products. You will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of cutting edge products used every day, by people you know.
• Responsible for the development and maintenance of key system features
• Will work with other team members to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility.
• Will work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules.
• Will establish architectural principles, select design patterns and then mentor team members on their appropriate application
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent
• MS in Computer Science or equivalent
• Development experience defining, developing and maintaining REST based interfaces
• Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
• Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
• Ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
• 5+ years of programming experience in creating large scale applications
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Back to top