Software Development Engineer - Amazon Air
- Nashville, TN
The Air and Technology team is seeking a to be part of a team of developers supporting Amazon Air.
The ideal candidate should be a leader, quick learner and be able to work effectively. He/she should be able to operate in a very fast paced environment where to hit market is super critical. The candidate will need to balance technical leadership and savvy with strong business judgment to make the right decisions about technology choices.
• Work closely with product managers, research scientists, Air Operations and senior engineers to implement and deploy applications that impact Amazon Air to operations.
• Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments.
• Assist directly and indirectly in the continual hiring and of technical talent.
• Create and execute appropriate quality plans, project plans, test strategies and processes for activities in concert with business and project management efforts.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or 8+ years of equivalent professional or military experience
• A Bachelor's degree in equivalent combination of technical education and work experience
• Solid background including understanding of data , to solve NP Hard Combinatorial optimization problems and proven background to deal with ambiguity.
• Experience with the SCRUM methodology for agile
• Deep hands-on technical expertise in and
• Experience with
• Knowledge of other scripting a plus
• Experience with SQL and No SQL data stores
• Solid background including patterns and data
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Master's degree in , Engineering related technical discipline
• Knowledge of professional engineering practices & best practices for the life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Deep understanding of Machine Learning and big data processing
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
• Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to navigate ambiguity and delivery incrementally to the right direction
• Experience in Aviation or Air Cargo industry
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Back to top