Help people eliminate the phrase "where's the remote" by joining with Amazon and Alexa to transform the way people control the TV and other video devices with their voice. You will have an enormous opportunity to impact the customer experience, design, architecture, and implementation of cutting-edge products that will be used every day by people you know. We're looking for people who are passionate about innovating on behalf of customers, demonstrate a high degree of product ownership, and want to have fun while they make history.
As a developer on our Agile team you'll drive improvements to our technology, collaborating with sharp engineers, voice experience designers, and highly-engaged users to ship code continuously. You should be comfortable building low latency backend systems that scale. You will write clean code and follow clean architecture principles while meeting aggressive timelines.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design architecture.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science (Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, etc.)
• 5+ years professional experience in software development
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, Scala, Kotlin, C#, etc.
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Experience using AWS technology or equivalent
• Experience building scalable, available, and low-latency systems
• Experience with machine learning and feedback loops
• Experience using functional programming languages
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .