Software Development Engineer, Alexa Video
Want to transform the way people enjoy video? Come join the team that made Prime Music, Spotify, Pandora, Live radio, Audible books, Kindle books, Podcasts, Alexa on Fire TV and more available to Alexa customers. We have started a new initiative to bring Alexa into the video world. We are innovating on and changing the way our customers interact with media services and devices!
On the Alexa Entertainment Team, you will have an enormous opportunity to impact the customer experience, design, architecture, and implementation of cutting edge products that will be used every day by people you know. No matter what the role, we're looking for people who are passionate about innovating on behalf of customers, demonstrate a high degree of product ownership, and want to have fun while they make history.
In this role you'll have independent technical ownership on new customer features and supporting architecture on a day to day and week to week basis. You'll learn new in-demand skills like building voice control interfaces and scalable API platforms that will be highly valuable as you grow your career at Amazon and beyond. You'll work directly with Product Management and Design to refine the customer experience for Alexa entertainment featured products. You'll join a unique team in the Alexa organization with our own culture – we move fast to deliver new great features for customers and have a ton of fun doing it.
Come join us as we build the Voice OS for Entertainment in the home. We're breaking new ground and need your help to bring our vision to reality.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent with 1-3+ years of industry experience
- Experience building scalable infrastructure software or distributed systems for commercial online services
- Experience in developing objected-oriented software, with deep experience in one or more relevant languages (Java, C++, or C#)
- Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability
- Experience with EC2, SNS, SQS, DynamoDB and S3. Web dev knowledge is a bonus as well.
- Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top