Software Development Engineer (Alexa Text-to-speech)
- Gdańsk, Poland
Want to work on one of the coolest and most innovative pieces of technology in recent years?
Come join us! We're the Text to Speech (TTS) team at Amazon. We build best-in-class TTS solutions and create magical experiences on Amazon's growing portfolio of speech products. We're the team that built Alexa's voice, which powers millions of Echo devices across the globe.
We are looking for a passionate and experienced Software Development Engineer to join us in Gdansk, Poland. If you want to solve complex problems that push the boundary of speech technologies, this position is for you. If you love creating brand new customer experiences with your software expertise, this position is for you. If you enjoy a collaborative environment, working with amazing engineers and scientists, this position is for you.
As a Software Development Engineer in text-to-speech, you will work with talented peers on low-latency distributed systems in the latest generative TTS technology. Your work will be characterized by high scale, complexity and the need for invention. You'll need to be passionate about machine learning and understand how technology translates into customer experience. You will directly impact our customers and change the landscape of voice-based interactions. You can see and hear your code making a difference. How cool is that?
• BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• Proficiency in at least one modern programming language (Java, C/C++, C#)
• Proficiency in at least one scripting language (Python, Ruby, Perl)
• Experience with Linux/Unix systems and Bash scripting
• Solid knowledge of CS fundamentals (algorithms, data structures).
• Professional communication skills and ability to contribute to team discussions
• Working proficiency in English
• Experience with various processes in the full SDLC (coding standards, code reviews, source control, build systems, integration and deployment, maintenance, updates, etc.)
• Knowledge of speech technologies and Natural Language Processing
• Experience with Machine Learning
• Efficient technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts.
• Experience with end-to-end agile software development
Back to top