This role can be based in either London, UK or Cambridge UK.
Do you want to work on one of the coolest and most innovative pieces of technology in recent years? Come join us! We're the Text to Speech (TTS) team at Amazon. We build best-in-class TTS solutions and create magical experiences on Amazon's growing portfolio of speech products.
As a Software Development Engineer in text-to-speech, you will work with talented peers and lead the development and launch of core product features. Your work will be characterized by high scale, complexity and the need for invention. You'll need to be passionate about machine learning and understand how technology translates into customer experience. You will directly impact our customers and change the landscape of voice-based interactions. You can see and hear your code making a difference. How cool is that?
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related technical discipline
• Extensive professional experience in software development
• Proficiency in Computer Science fundamentals such as; object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Experience in, at least, one modern programming language such as Java, C, C++, C#
• Experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Knowledge of speech technologies, Natural Language Processing, or Machine Learning
• Experience with writing production code in C++ or C
• Excellent design skills with a proven ability to find simple solutions to complex problems
• Taking a proactive approach to repeatable tasks, looking for ways to replace them with self-service tools and/or automation.