Software Development Engineer - Alexa Text-to-Speech
- Munich, Germany
We build first-in-the-world technical solutions on AWS, and cooperate with a team of scientists to bring newest ideas to the market. We work on the large scale, low latency distributed systems in the machine learning space.
Sounds exciting? We also own and grow one of the coolest features on Alexa - celebrity personas, with Samuel L. Jackson being the first one. And yes, our team works with these celebrities directly to build their voices and personality experience. This is a new business area, so we are working like a startup team, with quick time to market deliverables, and room for experimentation, still having the enterprise resources support.
On the back end we leverage neural networks and deep learning to synthesize the voice and we plan to employ this technology in other dimensions of our product. We write the functional code which meets the highest demands in terms of scalability and performance. Our team is the single owner of the product so we build both the product and technical roadmaps for ourselves.
By joining us, you will be also part of the enormous Amazon engineering team with access to engineers who are legends in their fields, and open doors to teams in AWS, Digital, and Robotics. Your personal and career growth opportunities at Amazon are infinite.
We will help you to relocate to Gdansk!
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field of studies
• Understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability
• Ability to mentor a team of engineers to solve big problems with significant ambiguity
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Advanced English (speaking and writing)
• Strong desire to build, deliver results, take ownership, and drive projects
• Passion, self-learning, and curiosity - you learn new languages, code side projects and follow what happens in the areas you are excited with.
• Experience developing cloud software services
• Experience with CI/CD systems and build automation
• Excellent written communication skills and verbal agility are strong assets
• Leadership abilities in driving operational excellence and best practices
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
Back to top