Alexa Speech is building the future of voice enabled interactions for our Echo devices and 3rd party devices and applications. We believe voice is the most natural user interface for interacting with technology across many domains, so we are inventing the future.
The Speech Data team is responsible for delivering text and audio data to train and evaluate speech models. Working closely with speech scientists, we develop tools and pipelines that ensure easy access to high-quality data. Our data is used to create new features that delight our customers, and to deliver continuous improvements to speech models and the resulting customer experience.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Experience in designing and developing ETL pipelines
• Experience with data pipelines to support ML
• Experience working with scientists around common Machine Learning objectives and understand their and meet their data needs
• Experience leading teams technically with high productivity and high impact across the full development lifecycle
• Proven record of delivering quality products with customer focus
• Strong communications skills collaborating with engineers, management and data scientists to achieve optimal solutions
• M.S degree or higher
• Experience with AWS cloud services
• Experience with Agile processes and fast-paced iterative development
• Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team with strong focus on quality
• Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.