The Alexa Speech team moves toward the vision of delivering the Star Trek computer to our customers the world's best intelligent personal assistant, accessible via natural voice commands on any connected device.
The Alexa Speech integrates Alexa technologies that go into Amazon and third-party devices; it is the underlying component for Alexa that allows other teams to build experiences. We build one set of common APIs for Amazon and third party devices and developers. We work across all Alexa teams to make sure that Alexa is always ready to respond to your requests in an accurate and timely manner. We also serve as a center of excellence for the Alexa organization. Since the Alexa Engine takes in all Alexa traffic, we manage and solve large-scale challenges like service scalability and availability. As we integrate so many different Alexa technology components, our team members have the opportunity to be introduced to many different technologies quickly in a hands-on way.
Our Alexa Language Technologies team works on services that interact with the engine, like Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR), Language Understanding Systems, and Text to Speech.
Interested in diving in?
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
• 3+ years professional experience in software development
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Knowledge of, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, C#, Java, or Perl
• Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
• Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
• Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
• Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation