Software Development Engineer - Alexa Smart Home
- Seattle, WA
The Alexa Smart Home Cameras team is seeking an experienced backend software development engineer. The ideal candidate is an innovative self-starter who is looking for an opportunity to be both an individual contributor and technical lead.
Alexa Smart Home Cameras team enables innovative Alexa experiences in and around customers' homes such as "Alexa, talk to the front door" or "Alexa, show me the nursery." We provide a suite of APIs to enable Alexa integrations for existing partner capabilities such as announcements or live-streaming, as well as developing technology across AI, media streaming, real-time communication, and the Alexa app. Our customers are end-consumers who want to use Alexa-enabled devices to simplify their experiences with their smart home cameras and doorbells, as well as the developers that make the devices, like Ring, Arlo, Nest, and Wyze.
Amazonians on the Alexa Smart Home Camera team are owners, passionate about their customers, and want to build things that positively impact society. They don't shy away from embracing the challenge of operating with ambiguity and are willing to roll their sleeves up to define and develop proof of concepts.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelor's or Masters in Computer Science or equivalent
• 5+ years of as a full stack and/or backend development experience
• 5+ years of in system design, object programming, test driven development
• 5+ years of with backend services in the cloud.
• Experience with building and operating customer facing, cloud-based, production software systems.
• Experience with browser streaming protocols such as WebSockets, SSE, implementations such as Kurento, plugins are a big plus.
• Development experience defining, developing and maintaining Synchronous RESTful and Asynchronous RPC/MQ/Pub-Sub based interfaces and Model view controller, ORM, ODM paradigms.
• Experience working with modern tools for big data storage and analysis (e.g., , Apache Spark, Hadoop, SQL, NoSQL, Rekognition)
• Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.
• Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.
• Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions and deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
• Excellence in written and verbal technical communication for both technical and non-tech audiences.
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top