Alexa is Amazon's voice service and the brain behind millions of devices. The Alexa team makes it possible for any developer to create Alexa applications, or skills, and for customers to discover and engage with tens of thousands of different voice functions. Within Alexa, the Vertical Kits team works across all of Alexa's functions, designing and delivering new Alexa services for high-impact experiences, such as ordering Pizza from Dominos, challenging friends to a game, or tracking your takeout order. The team works with motivated partners and builds on new Alexa features in Conversational AI, mobile/web-skill interactions, multimodal devices, and AWS services to deliver exciting and polished experiences on Alexa.
From Alexa Live 2021 - https://youtu.be/-1q_zV3oT0k
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Masters in Computer Science or Engineering
- 3+ years professional software development experience.
- Development experience of using primary Amazon Web Services e.g. Amazon S3 and DynamoDB
- Development experience defining, developing and maintaining REST based interfaces.
- Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts.
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.