Software Development Engineer, Alexa Skills
- Bellevue, WA
The mission of Alexa is to set customers free in life. To be an instantly familiar, always-available personal assistant. In order to deliver on this mission, ADECT Team is hiring a highly motivated Software Development Engineer.
The primary mission of ADECT Monitoring team is to protect customer trust and improve customer experience with Alexa skills and devices. The team uses various signals to ensure that customers get delightful experiences. This could be through experience improvements or ensuring that only high quality experiences reach customers. We use a lot of data along with multiple approaches such as machine learning and other algorithmic approaches to solve challenges that customers face interacting with Alexa. As an SDE on the team, you will have the opportunity to design and implement complex solutions related to distributed computing and big data, work closely with data scientists to implement ML models, and develop solutions that work at Alexa's scale. You will also have the opportunity to work with principal SDEs and get their feedback on project design.
We are looking for Software Dev Engineers who have the passion to tackle tough problems by bringing cutting edge technologies to Alexa customers!
If you are holding out for an opportunity to:
• Work with large scale, fault tolerant services
• Make a huge impact as an individual and a lead
• Be part of a team of smart and passionate professionals who will challenge you to grow every day
• Solve difficult challenges using your expertise in coding elegant and practical solutions
• Create applications at a massive scale used by millions of people
And you constantly look for opportunities to...
• Innovate, simplify, reduce waste, and increase efficiencies
• Use data to make decisions and validate assumptions
• Automate processes otherwise performed by humans
• Learn from others and help grow those around you
If so, join our team in Bellevue, WA as a Software Development Engineer. We are a group of talented engineers who are empowered and driven to build world class experiences for our customers. It is a great opportunity to create great experiences for customers, build scalable and exciting new engineering solutions, and deliver value.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 3+ years' experience building large-scale server systems in Java, C++, or other OO languages.
• Possess excellent understanding of areas in the basic areas of Computer Science such as Algorithms, Data Structures, Object Oriented Design, Databases.
• Bachelor in Computer Science Engineering or related field.
• Excellent problem-solving skills.
• Be able to write Amazon quality code in an object-oriented language - preferably in C/C++/Java in a Linux environment.
• Good written and oral communication skills, be a fast learner and have the ability to adapt quickly to a fast-paced development environment.
• Experience using Amazon Web Services including Kinesis, Lambda, EMR, SQS/SNS, S3, DynamoDB etc.
• Understanding of Distributed Computing (SQL as well as NoSQL) and Big Data ecosystem e.g. Spark
• Experience solving problems using Machine Learning techniques would be preferred
• Experience building systems that handle large volumes of data
• Demonstrated passion for user experience design and improving usability
• Full stack development experience
• Demonstrated passion about technology, have a strong interest in learning about and playing with the latest technologies
• Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top