Software Development Engineer - Alexa Shopping
- Seattle, WA
The mission of Amazon's Choice is to simplify the customer shopping experience. Through advanced algorithms, machine learning and large-scale data processing, we help customers find the highest quality and best priced products to satisfy their purchase intent. Our experience spans Alexa Shopping, Amazon.com and Amazon mobile with a global footprint.
We are looking for talented and experienced engineers to design and develop our recommendation systems. You will develop models that understand how customers make purchasing decisions; i.e. what attributes matter, what are defining characteristics of a product and how they compare different products. You will develop new ways to engage the customer at different stages in their shopping journey. You will build large scale data processing systems, develop ML models, and build low latency high scale systems to service requests.
On this team, you will shape how customers shop on Alexa and Amazon.com or Mobile. You will have broad impact and be able to look back and say you helped to shape the future of shopping.
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 3+ years professional experience in software development
• Experience in mentoring and developing software engineering teams
• Computer Science fundamentals in distributed systems design
• Proficiency in object-oriented systems design, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as Java, Python, or C++
• Experience with map/reduce, machine learning, information retrieval and recommendation systems
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Back to top