Software Development Engineer - Alexa Shopping
- Seattle, WA
At Alexa Shopping, we strive to enable shopping in everyday life. We allow customers to instantly order whatever they need, by simply interacting with their Smart Devices such as an Echo or Fire TV. Our Services allow you to shop, no matter where you are or what you are doing. You can go from 'I want that' to 'that's on the way' in a matter of seconds. We are seeking the industry's best to help us create new ways to interact, search and shop. Join us, and you'll be taking part in changing the future of everyday life.
We are looking for talented and experienced engineers to design and develop our Voice Shopping customer engagement. You will engage with Alexa, Retail and Consumer Engagement teams to build cross-domain experiences that keep Alexa top of mind and turn non-shopping activities into shopping moments. You will build delightful Alexa features and massively scalable platforms that power them.
In this role, you will have the freedom (and encouragement) to experiment, improve, invent, and innovate on behalf of our customers. You will shape how customers shop on Alexa and Amazon.com. You will have broad impact and be able to look back and say you helped to shape the future of shopping.
Come Invent With Us!
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 3+ years professional experience in software development
• Experience in mentoring and developing software engineering teams
• Computer Science fundamentals in distributed systems design
• Proficiency in object-oriented systems design, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as Java, Python, or C++
• Experience with map/reduce, machine learning, information retrieval and recommendation systems
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top