Software Development Engineer - Alexa Shopping
- San Francisco, CA
With Alexa becoming increasingly pervasive in homes, offices, cars and on the go, Alexa is playing a significant role in helping our customers capture their needs in the moment. In the Alexa Shopping team, we are working passionately to enable this vision by becoming the preferred way to capture and manage customer's shopping needs. By combining the ease of talking to Alexa with social shopping through sophisticated AI, we are transforming how customers shop in stores and online. We will intelligently help customers anticipate and keep track of what they need, save them time, and experience the best value during shopping. We will ensure they always get everything they needed without forgetting anything.
What you will do: This is a high growth opportunity in a greenfield area. As a Software Development Engineer, you will work on the architecture, algorithms and systems that breathe life into this vision. You will have the opportunity to contribute or develop deep expertise in the areas of distributed systems, artificial intelligence, machine learning, conversational technologies, user interfaces (including voice and natural user interfaces), data storage and data pipelines. You'll be actively encouraged to experiment, improve, invent, and innovate on behalf of our customers. You will have an impact on Amazon's new devices and the way shopping is done across a whole spectrum of user experiences. You'll also be able to look back and say you were a key contributor to something special from its earliest stages. As a Software Development Engineer, you will collaborate with multiple Product Managers and engineers from partner teams across Amazon Retail, Alexa, Speech Recognition and a Research Sciences team.
What we are looking for: We are seeking a talented and experienced Software Development Engineer to design and develop the flexible experiences, machine learning models and distributed systems that will empower making this vision a reality. An ideal candidate will operate at all levels, diving deep into the details while providing strategic inputs for the product. You will work with a team of talented engineers. You communicate effectively with multiple development, product management, and partner teams.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- 5-10 years' experience building successful production software systems. - BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility tradeoffs.
- Experience developing service oriented architectures and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
- Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as C/C++, C#, Java and open-source technologies (Linux, SQLite, OpenGL, Spring, Hibernate).
- Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers to maintain architectural vision and software quality.
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Experience in any one or more of the following areas: distributed systems, artificial intelligence, machine learning, full-stack development
• Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take raw product requirements and create software architecture, design, and code to bring them to life
• Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work successfully with teams across an organization
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top