Software Development Engineer, Alexa Shopping
- Seattle, WA
At Amazon's Alexa Shopping, we strive to enable shopping in everyday life. We allow customers to instantly order whatever they need, by simply interacting with their Smart Devices such as Echo, Fire TV or any Alexa powered device. Our Services allow you to shop, no matter where you are or what you are doing, you can go from 'I want that' to 'that's on the way' in a matter of seconds. We are seeking the industry's best to help us create new ways to interact, search and shop. Join us, and you'll be taking part in changing the future of everyday life.
The Alexa Shopping group is seeking talented and experienced software engineers for our Analytics Engineering team. In this role, you will lead, design, and architect the Alexa Shopping data platform which will be used by a number of teams across Alexa Shopping to process and/or exchange data in real-time across various systems. This platform will play a significant role in the success of various high visibility goals across the organization. It not only supports analytical use cases like data warehousing, machine learning but also supports other services to power delightful hands free shopping experiences for Echo, Fire TV and other Alexa powered devices. As part of the Analytics Engineering team, you will also lead the development of Alexa Shopping Privacy libraries, which will enable other engineering and platform teams to implement customer privacy regulations like GDPR and CCPA in a reliable and scalable way.
We prefer candidates who can thrive in a fast paced, high energy and fun work environment where we deliver value incrementally and frequently. We value highly technical, hands-on, data driven leaders who know their subject matters deeply, are willing to learn new areas, and are hardwired towards engineering excellence. We look for individuals who will set aside meaningful time to develop themselves and their teams as we continually learn from customers. Its still Day 1!
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• Bachelor's (or above) Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Proficiency in Object-oriented design and experience
• Proficiency in data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Ability to design and build distributed system
• Development experience in a Unix/Linux environment
• Understanding of Data Technologies
• Proficiency in Java or Python development and experience
• Passion for big, difficult problems
Back to top