Software Development Engineer - Alexa Shopping
- Sunnyvale, CA
The mission of Shopping Expansion and Experience (SEE) team is to build new customer shopping experiences. Through advanced algorithms, machine learning and large-scale data processing, we help customers find the right products & services for their shopping needs. Our experience today spans a global footprint with multiple devices powered through Alexa voice technology .
As an engineer, in this team, you will be responsible for designing business critical systems, develop high quality code, test, deploy and support large scale distributed systems and machine learning models targeted at increasing Alexa Shopping's reach and engagement. A successful candidate will have an established background in a strong technical ability to work in highly ambiguous environments, excellent problem solving skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to deliver results in a fast paced environment. You will have deep knowledge of Java/C++, Object-oriented Design, Service Oriented Architecture and you are passionate about building massively scalable solutions and distributed systems.
On this team, you will shape how customers shop through Alexa and will have a broad impact on business. Last but not the least, you will be able to look back and say "I helped shape the future of shopping!"
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
• Computer Science fundamentals in distributed systems design
• Proficiency in object-oriented systems design, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
• Industry experience with Big Data technologies (Hadoop/Spark/Elasticsearch)
• Familiarity with AWS services and technologies (or equivalent: Azure, Google Cloud)
• Familiarity with Containers (Kubernetes, Docker, etc.)
Back to top