The Alexa Secure AI Foundation team's vision is to make it intuitive and efficient to build, integrate, and operate Artificial Intelligence (AI). These world class services powers Alexa's benchmark setting AI models in speech, acoustic events, image and text enabling myriad Alexa experiences ultimately making Alexa delightful for customers. Said another way, Alexa ML Services organization provides tools and process to make AI building easier. Customers include Scientists, Data Analysts, Product Owners, and the Alexa end users. We are part of the larger Amazon Alexa organization, but we support multiple Amazon business units across the company applying ML in a collection of domains including: speech recognition, language understanding, intelligent decisions, object detection, and additional applications in both audio processing and computer vision.
As a Software Development Engineer on the team, you will be responsible for designing and developing products and services which will enhance Alexa AI. You will be working on a team with other talented engineers and operate in a fast-paced environment. You will be constantly innovating to build large scale distributed systems for Machine Learning.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
• Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education.
• 3+ years of professional experience in software development.
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design.
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures.
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
• Knowledge of, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, C#, or Java.
• Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
• Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Experience working on software related to security such as access control, data protection, and intrusion detection
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems.
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy.
• Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers.
• Experience influencing software engineering best practices within a team.
• Prior experience with AWS technologies.
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.