Software Development Engineer - Alexa Personalization
Alexa, the always ready, always responsive computer built in the cloud is changing how people interact with technology. By combining best-in-class far-field voice detection with natural language understanding, Alexa has opened the door for a next-generation intelligent assistant - and we're just getting started.
Join us in making Alexa even smarter. Work on large-scale machine learning and recommendation systems to attune Alexa to the needs of her users. Help Alexa interact with her surroundings through internet-of-things and contextualize her responses.
We're a passionate team of technologists who believe Alexa will change the way the world thinks of computing. Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- 5+ years experience in a test or development role as part of a product development organization
- Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability
- OO design/development skills and have experience driving projects from concept to prototype, and finally implementation
- Mastery of the tools of the trade, including a variety of modern programming languages (Java, C/C++, Objective C, Python) and open-source technologies (Linux, SQLite, OpenGL, Spring, Hibernate)
- Development experience defining, developing and maintaining web service API's
- Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers to maintain architectural vision and software quality
- Excellence in technical communications with both technical and non technical peers
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top