Software Development Engineer, Alexa Personality Tech
- Seattle, WA
We are seeking an experienced and technically diverse software development engineer for a confidential new initiative within Alexa. This program will develop magical new features in our core platforms, Alexa skills, and content creation tooling with a goal to surprise and delight our customers.
Amazon's Alexa cloud service and Echo devices are used every day, by people you know, in and about their homes. This customer facing program will help them get the most from their Alexa enabled devices at home.
The ideal candidate has a solid background in enterprise software development, experience in developing customer-facing products, and a passion for innovating on behalf of customers. Critical skills include strong written and verbal communication, a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment, and the ability to be comfortable dealing with. Customer Obsession, Insist on Highest Standards, and Deliver Results are the three core ingredients for this role.
• Build scalable solutions for complex business and engineering problems.
• Key contributor to engineering systems and software development life-cycle.
• Ownership of projects that operate cross-functionally with multiple engineering, design and product teams.
• Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against defined schedules and milestones.
• Mentor team members.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent
• 3+ years industry experience as an engineer
• Experience owning engineering projects
• Experience building scalable infrastructure, REST interfaces, and distributed systems for high-throughput services
• Familiarity with the Alexa platform and Alexa Skills
• Expertise in a variety of programming languages and open-source technologies
• Experience in test driven software development and configuration management
• Understanding of designing cloud services for scalability, performance and reliability
• Ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast-paced environment
• Track record of project delivery for sizable cross-functional projects
• Exceptional customer impact awareness, appreciation and support focus
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top