Come join the team behind Alexa! We're building the speech and language solutions behind Amazon Echo and other Amazon products and services. You can help us invent the future. As a member of our team, you will pioneer a new program that impacts how Alexa responds to customers.
A day in the life
A successful candidate will have a solid background in enterprise software development, a strong technical ability, project management skills, solid communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment. You should be comfortable with ambiguity and have a creative flair for achieving the impossible. Customer Obsession, Insist on Highest Standards, and Deliver Results are the three core ingredients for this role.
About the team
Amazon's Alexa cloud service and Echo devices are used every day, by people you know, in and about their homes. This customer facing program will help them get the most from their Alexa enabled devices at home.
Key job responsibilities
• Produce high-quality code that is robust, efficient and maintainable
• Drive and lead software design, development standards, team processes and code reviews
• Design and implement features for new products, features, APIs, platforms and frameworks
• Distill and communicate technical concepts to stakeholders
• Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against defined schedules and milestones.
• Mentor junior team members, help to maintain appropriate unit test coverage, code documentation and software structure
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent
• 3+ years industry experience as an engineer
• Experience owning engineering projects
• Experience building scalable infrastructure, REST interfaces, and distributed systems for high-throughput services
• Familiarity with the Alexa platform and Alexa Skills
• Expertise in a variety of programming languages and open-source technologies
• Experience in test driven software development and configuration management
• Understanding of designing cloud services for scalability, performance and reliability
• Ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast-paced environment
• Track record of project delivery for sizable cross-functional projects
• Exceptional customer impact awareness, appreciation and support focus
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Hear directly from employees about what it's like to work at Amazon.