Software Development Engineer, Alexa Orchestration
- Toronto, Canada
Alexa is the groundbreaking cloud-based intelligent agent that powers Echo and other devices designed around your voice. Alexa Orchestration is situated at the center of all Alexa customer experiences, whether they are traditional customer-initiated speech interactions, or the growing set of Alexa-initiated proactive scenarios such as Routines and Notifications. We connect devices, skills and AI, and orchestrate customer experiences spanning across multiple devices, skills, tasks, users and agents.
We are looking for talented Software Development Engineers to build the next generation architecture for the core Orchestration Planning system and enable new dimensions of customer experiences on Alexa. You will work with the engineering team which shapes core of Alexa engine, and builds capabilities that plays a major role in the evolution of Alexa. Your time with us will be impactful, and your vision, creativeness and engineering output adopted by teams across Amazon and beyond.
As a member of the team you will be responsible for leading the development and launch of core product features. You will have significant influence on our overall strategy by helping define these product features, drive the system architecture, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field
• At least 5+ years work experience
• Expertise in Java, C++, or a similar modern programming language
• Solid experience in data structures and algorithms
• Obsession with quality, operational excellence, and customer experience
• Strong problem solving and analytical abilities
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and an ability to work in a team environment
• Strong, object-oriented design and coding skills
• Experience building distributed systems and highly available services
• Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
• Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
• Graduate degree
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.
Back to top