"Alexa, play Believer by Imagine Dragons"
Want to transform the way people enjoy music on Alexa? Come join the team that made Amazon Music, Apple Music, Live Radio, Audible books, Kindle books, Podcasts and more available to Alexa customers.
We are looking for a talented and hard-working Software Development Manager (SDM) who is passionate about innovating on behalf of customers and demonstrates a high degree of ownership and technical acumen.
As an SDM in Alexa Music, you will be responsible for launching new experiences directly to the customer. A successful candidate will have an established background in setting product, technical, and architectural vision. Experience team building, working with cross-functional stakeholders, building at scale and operating critical systems are a must.
In this role you will launch the next generation of listening experiences for Alexa Music. You will directly lead a team of developers to design and launch new capabilities in designing, building and launching new capabilities across tier-1 Alexa systems. These capabilities will power millions of customer requests per day across a broad range of devices and applications. Contact us to learn more!
This opportunity is for an SDM in the Alexa Voice eXperience Team (AMVX). We own Alexa's best-in-class, globally available, voice-enabled music listening experiences. Our aim is to build a product that is fast, natural, intuitive, personal, and fun, leading customers to adopt us for 100% of their daily music moments. We accomplish this by 1) ensuring the experience simply works, 2) enabling personalized music consumption, 3) fostering a culture of continuous experimentation, innovation, and growth, and 4) having global focus in everything we do.
Our team is growing rapidly in Seattle, WA and we're looking for talented SDEs and SDMs like yourself. If you're interested in learning more we would love the opportunity to speak to you. Please reach out to us directly.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, etc. or equivalent experience
• 8+ years experience in software development with at least 5 years of experience directly managing a team of developers
• Some hands-on architectural or distributed systems experience
• A thorough understanding of modern programming languages such as Java, C/C++, C#, Scala, React, Hadoop
• Experience working with mission critical or tier-1 systems and solutions
• Experience working with cross functional stakeholders
• Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
• Experience with developing, releasing and maintaining a large scale services or applications