Software Development Engineer - Alexa Mobile
We're focused on building the next generation of the Alexa Mobile App for mobile devices and are looking for talented developers. You will have an enormous opportunity to impact the customer experience, design, architecture, and implementation of a cutting edge mobile product used every day, by people you know. We are looking for passionate, hard working software engineers who have experience building innovative, mobile applications that customers love.
- Mobile application software development, design and prototyping.
- Contribute best-in-class programming skills to develop highly innovative, consumer-facing Android and iOS mobile apps.
- Writing clean, maintainable code and performing peer code-reviews.
- Work with other team members to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility
- Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules
- Establish architectural principles, select design patterns and then mentor team members on their appropriate application
- Work closely with product and design teams to customize the Alexa experience on mobile devices
- Implement custom native user interfaces using the latest mobile programming techniques
- Analyze and optimize UI and back-end application code for efficiency and performance
- 3+ years of experience building successful production software systems
- A solid grounding in Computer Science fundamentals (based on a BS or MS in CS or related field)
- Experience with multi-threading and mobile device memory management
- Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
- Development experience defining, developing and maintaining REST based interfaces
- Strong technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
- Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers to maintain architectural vision and software quality
- 3+ years of object-oriented software development experience with focus on building complex applications for mobile platforms either on iOS using Objective-C or Android using Java and Android SDK framework.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top