Alexa can now Book a room, Join you into a meeting, or Extend your meeting! As a next step, we are working on using AI to deliver an extremely productive meeting experience to increase every employee's productivity by many folds.
Today, people spend too much of their day on tedious tasks at work, like managing their calendars, dialing in to meetings, or searching for information. But Amazon Alexa can help solve this problem by acting as an intelligent assistant at work. Alexa lets people use their voice to interact with technology so they can spontaneously ask questions in a way that feels natural. Alexa can help people take care of these tasks just by asking. Alexa can help people stay organized and focused on the things that matter, whether they are working in their office or at home. Alexa can simplify conference rooms, allowing meeting attendees to start meetings and control the equipment in the room by simply using their voice. Alexa can also do things around the workplace, like providing directions to a conference room, notifying IT about a broken printer, or placing an order for office supplies.
The Alexa for Business (A4B) team is building new capabilities into Alexa that help professionals be more productive at work. In addition to teaching Alexa new things, we provide tools that administrators need to manage Alexa at scale across a large organization. These new capabilities are unlocking a whole new set of use cases for Alexa, from the Office to Hotel Rooms, Restaurants and even sports stadiums. Come join us and help us use the power of voice computing to solve completely new challenges!
As a highly skilled software development engineer on our team, you will be responsible for designing, building, and operating key pieces of customer facing functionality. Our team has a very collaborative and high energy environment, and is located in Seattle.
As a developer on our team, you'll own code end-to-end from design, to development, to deployment, to monitoring and operations. You'll have a sound understanding of the fundamentals of computer science and practical experience. You'll work closely with senior technical leaders to build large-scale, distributed systems, as well as software than runs on end-user devices. Come join us!
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent 2+ years of experience in a technical role in the industry
• Familiarity with AWS services like EC2, S3, DynamoDB, Lambda, and API Gateway.
• Experience building and operating a large scale distributed system
• Proven success in solving complex technical challenges and building reliable customer facing systems.
• Java/C# development experience
• Large scale Java/C# development experience
• Application development experience
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation