Come join the team behind Alexa, building the speech and language solutions behind Amazon Echo and other Amazon products and services. You can help us invent the future. As a member of our team, you will be responsible for leading the development and launch of core product features. You will have significant influence on our overall strategy by helping define these product features, driving the system architecture, and spearheading best practices to enable a superior product.
We are looking for passionate Software Engineers who have experience building innovative, applications that customers love. As a member of the team you will help with , implementation and launch of many key product features. You will have influence on defining product features, drive operational excellence, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product.
The ideal SDE candidate is clearly passionate about delivering experiences that delight customers and creating solutions that are robust. A commitment to team work, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements. Creating reliable, , and high performance products requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building large-scale systems. This person has thrived and succeeded in fast paced environment where new concepts quickly is a must.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as , C++, or including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Knowledge of Perl or other scripting languages a plus
- Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical partners.
- Experience building developer facing products and services.
- Development experience defining, developing and maintaining REST based interfaces.
- Experience with speech and language understanding systems.
- Experience with rule engine systems.
- Experience with and big technologies (, EMR).
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practice