Software Development Engineer - Alexa Experiences
- Seattle, WA
Come join the team behind Alexa, building the speech and language solutions behind Amazon Echo and other Amazon products and services. You can help us invent the future. As a member of our team, you will be responsible for leading the development and launch of core product features. You will have significant influence on our overall strategy by helping define these product features, driving the system architecture, and spearheading best practices to enable a superior product.
We are looking for passionate Software Engineers who have experience building innovative, applications that customers love. As a member of the team you will help with design, implementation and launch of many key product features. You will have influence on defining product features, drive operational excellence, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product.
The ideal SDE candidate is clearly passionate about delivering experiences that delight customers and creating solutions that are robust. A commitment to team work, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements. Creating reliable, scalable, and high performance products requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building large-scale distributed systems. This person has thrived and succeeded in fast paced environment where learning new concepts quickly is a must.
• Bachelor's degree or completion of Bachelor's degree requirements in a STEM related field such as Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, tech
• Proficiency in one of the following languages: Java, C++, or C
• Knowledge of Perl or other scripting languages a plus
• Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical partners
• Experience building developer facing products and services
• Development experience defining, developing and maintaining REST based interfaces
• Experience with speech and language understanding systems
• Experience with rule engine systems
• Experience with machine learning and big data technologies (Spark, EMR)
• Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
• Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//.
Tags: Amazon Alexa, Alexa, Amazon Echo, Echo, Java, C++, object oriented, Rails, Linux, machine learning, ML, large scale distributed systems, high availability, speech and language understanding, NLU, ASR, NLP, Amazon Software Development Engineer, SDE, Sr. SDE, Senior SDE, Seattle Engineer, Software Engineer, Sr. Software Engineer, Senior Software Engineer, Sr. Software Development Engineer, Senior Software Development Engineer, Software Development Engineer, Sr. Software Developer, Senior Software Developer, Software Developer, developer tools, Alexa AI, Natural Language Understanding, Artificial Intelligence
Back to top