Software Development Engineer, Alexa Experience and Devices
- Irvine, CA
Voice-driven AI experiences are finally becoming a reality and Amazon's Alexa cloud service and Echo devices are at the forefront of this latest technology wave.
As a software engineer in the Alexa Experiences and Devices team, you will help drive this innovation by developing new features that take advantage of the latest Echo device capabilities.
You will be responsible for developing cloud services to support these features, integrating with other Amazon and third-party services and device software as required. Strong collaboration skills are a must.
You will ensure that Alexa almost never drops her end of the conversation, delivering services that respond with minimal latency at Amazon scale. Being one of our first engineers on a newly formed team, you will also be capable of selecting, defining, integrating and/or implementing the foundational infrastructure that will support the development and operation of our cloud services.
Most importantly, rather than being a specialist in any particular area of server-side technology, you are more of a generalist. We're delivering new customer experiences, requiring different technology solutions everyday- you'll need to bring a big toolkit to keep up.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Hands on experience developing with Amazon Web Services
• Experience developing Alexa speech services
• A history of mentoring other software developers to maintain architectural vision and software quality
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top