We are looking for an entrepreneurial, experienced, creative, and visionary SDE to join our team. In this high profile role, you will help define and champion the vision for Alexa as it relates to building Proactive Experiences for our customers, identify and build new cross-organizational products that help Alexa move towards this vision, and then measure how effectively Alexa is tracking to it. You will collaborate with numerous product, , user research, development, voice technology experts and other internal and executive teams to identify, define, and implement solutions to raise the bar on the Alexa customer experience, measured by an outsized impact on customers' interest in and engagement with Alexa.
As a member of the team you will be responsible for leading the development and launch of core product features. You will have significant influence on our overall strategy by helping define these product features, drive the system , and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product.
The ideal candidate is clearly passionate about new opportunities and has a demonstrable track record of success in delivering new features and products. A commitment to team work, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements. Creating reliable, , and high performance products requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building large-scale systems. This person has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality technology products/services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as , , or including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the and (, patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Experience developing software services and an understanding of for , performance and reliability.
• Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility trade-offs.
• The ability to take raw product requirements and develop software architectures and designs to bring them to life.
• Development experience defining, developing and maintaining REST based interfaces
• Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
• Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers to maintain architectural vision and software quality
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us