Software Development Engineer - Alexa Engine
Interested in Amazon Echo? Come work on it. We're building the core services that run Amazon Echo and other Amazon products. We're working hard, having fun, making history; come join us!
As a member of the team you will be responsible for leading the development and launch of core product features. You will have significant influence on our overall strategy by helping define these product features, drive the system architecture, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product.
The ideal candidate is clearly passionate about new opportunities and has a demonstrable track record of success in delivering new features and products. A commitment to team work, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements. Creating reliable, scalable, and high performance products requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building large-scale distributed systems. This person has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality technology products/services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years experience building production software systems
- Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability
- OO design/development skills and have experience driving projects from concept to prototype, and finally implementation
- Experience with tools of the trade, including a variety of modern programming languages (Java, C/C++, Objective C, Python) and open-source technologies (Linux, SQLite, OpenGL, Spring, Hibernate)
- Development experience defining, developing and maintaining web service API's
- Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers to maintain architectural vision and software quality
- Excellence in technical communications with both technical and non technical peers
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top