Software Development Engineer, Alexa Discovery, Proactive and Routines
- Seattle, WA
Do you enjoy working on cutting-edge technology in a fast-paced team environment to help shape experiences for millions of customers? Do you thrive to solve complex problems and come up with customer obsessed solutions? We have a role for you.
Things like Music, timers and alarms are top of mind for people, but customers have a tough time discovering other features/content they might find useful or entertaining. We want to solve the problem of how to enable Alexa to run fast when it comes to enabling proactive experiences and help customers get more out of their devices.
As a Software Development Engineer, you will have the opportunity to influence, invent, and design system architecture. You will be responsible for building the best customer experience, keeping latency, security, and usability in mind. You will interact with Product Managers and Designers and convert their vision into a technical solution. You will collaborate with other engineering leads on best practices and set examples by using them in solutions that you build.
The ideal candidate is clearly passionate about new opportunities and has a demonstrable track record of success in delivering new features and products. A commitment to team work, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements. Creating reliable, scalable, and high performance products requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building large-scale distributed systems.
• BS in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or a related quantitative field
• 2+ years of software engineering experience • Knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and performance
• Experience with a variety of languages and tools (Python, Spark, EMR, DynamoDB, ElasticSearch, Java, C/C++)
• Experience with coding practices including design documentation, unit testing, peer code reviews, and a preference for agile methods
• MS in Computer Science or equivalent
• Experience with running customer facing, cloud-based, production software systems
• Development experience defining, developing and maintaining REST based interfaces
• Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
• Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.
Back to top