Software Development Engineer - Alexa Devices
- Cambridge, MA
Interested in creating novel experiences for our Alexa-devices-with-a-screen such as Echo Show and Echo Spot? Then we're looking for you! We're a team of engineers who are passionate about cutting edge application development. Our devices are touchscreen-enabled and support video calling, music, weather, clocks, alarms, and many more experiences. They are backed by our Alexa engine, so they weave voice and touch interaction together to create a delightful integrated experience. We're delivering many new novel applications and devices every year, come join us!
Specifically, if you join us, your opportunities will include:
• Implement delightful experiences for our customers that utilize mobile and Alexa technologies.
• Design novel customer interactions through collaboration with Product and UX teams.
• Collaborate with UI teams across Kindle and other organizations to define patterns used across our entire Amazon UI ecosystem.
• Deliver high quality software while working in a fun, dynamic, team-focused Agile/Scrum environment.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
• 3+ years of software development experience with Java, C++, C#, Python, or Ruby and open-source technologies (Linux, Spring, Hibernate)
• Experience with Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) and/or Design (OOD)
• Experience developing and deploying RESTful web services
• Experience with database (SQL, no-SQL) technology
• Experience with Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithms, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Experience on mobile platforms, preferably Android.
• Passion for inventing new product designs and technical solutions.
• Experience driving and articulating technical challenges and solutions.
• Experience collaborating with UX, Product, and non-technical partners.
• Experience working in an Agile environment.
• Graduate degree.
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .
Back to top